Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oh Tonner...

A long while ago I bought a Harry and Ron Tonner doll, and have been attempting to repaint them.

HOLY COW it's hard!!! You have to do about a million subtle washes of color and then hope you did ok.

Here was my first attempt at Ron (scary, I know)... I painted Harry too... then when I was sealing him, the sealer flubbed and ruined it all... and I got angry and put them away! (I know, not particularly mature)

But with Halloween on the Horizon, I kind of want to pull them out and try again.

5 comments:

  1. Wow...I think you did a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I'm impressed. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I have added your name to my witches hat. The giveaway is tomorrow!

    Amada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys... if you want to see real artistry in this area, go here though:

    http://noeling.deviantart.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Thanks for sharing that Heather, the work is amazing!! Your Ron is pretty cool too. I'm not good with colour so I don't think I could do that!

    ReplyDelete