Monday, November 9, 2009

The weekend was fruitful!

I managed to create a new bear, a new ACEO card and a 'scrap' pin. :)

This bear was particularly scary for me to make... not because I thought it wouldn't work (the grey bear from my previous post was the test pattern) but because I had to cut into mohair for the first time, EVER!

That's some scary stuff!

Anyhow, a bit about this bear:

1. Yes, it is the same pattern as the grey bear I posted on friday. Isn't that weird? It always fascinates me how different bears look, even though they're from the same pattern, based just on what material you use.

2. She has a glittery green leaf pinned to her head. This is 100% removable and is going to be part of my branding for Little Bearries. I also want to make a necklace that says "Little Bearries" or something like that, to go along with it.

3. I made her nose not 'full' on purpose... because I thought the mohair, when trimmed on her muzzle, had a kind of antiquish look, so I thought she'd be cute with an antiquish looking nose :)

4. She stands 5.5 inches tall

On to the bear!

Hi...

I'm just a little pink bear...

*siiiiiiigh*


Next up is my next ACEO card! A jellyfish!! It's marker and colored pencil. I am really loving making these cards.




Finally is a little pin I made from the scraps of mohair (because I couldn't bring myself to toss them!) Its a bunny/cat... thing... and it stands about 1.5 inches tall not counting the ears, and 1.75 inches tall counting them.



That's all for Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Awwwwww....that bear is absolutely ADORABLE! My niece would just LOVE that. :) So glad you had a good, creative weekend.

    Happy Monday to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was my first try with Mohair... and soon she will be joined by 2 little friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little bear Heather. I remember the first time I cut into mohair too, it was so scary. But isn't it nice to work with :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely!!! Now I can't wait to get my hands on more of it and try new patterns!!!

    Although the three pieces I have now will all be the same pattern, I have a plan for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all! Amazing job of the bear. I don't know how you do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!!! I hope to have more to show soon :)

    ReplyDelete