Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Oh my... where DO I create?

My computer went in for revamping on Thursday and didn't come back until today... so my post about where I create is late... but better late than never!

Sorry for the pics... they're from my cell phone since my personal camera is still out of commission.

First up on the tour is a vase of antique beads I got from a store that was closing in our Old Town district. This is one of my most precious finds and I can't bring myself to use them in projects!!!



For Christmas my parents got me a spool stand, and my Mom gave me a bunch of antique spools, and my sister gave me a bunch of brand new ones :)



Here is a snippet of the shelves where I keep my fabric, those two hat boxes contain cut out patterns or scraps I can't bear to throw away!

This is the best thing ever, little buckets that hang from a rack... I got it from Ikea (super cheap, 1.99 for the rod, .99 per bucket) and they hold my pens and pencils.

Here is a snippet from my bulletin board, with a saying that is true and photographs I've used for reference on other projects.

Sorry for the lateness and sorry my studio isn't too interesting, but thanks for visiting!!!

8 comments:

  1. My word, very tidy Heather.....
    Want to take pics on your cell phone of the cupboard under the cottage stairs. :-)

    You would be brave to go under there :-)

    Yes, brave AMie Soto Blossom eh ?
    :-)
    x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your workspace looks fine to me :-) Lucky you with the vintage Beads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I am so tired of taking photos with my phone! It makes everything yellow and fuzzy... I really need to get my camera fixed!

    I better do that soon... then take some real pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you made it to the party. Your space is more interesting than you think - it's a place where you create, after all! Love those beads. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is good and so is your creative space...great job with the cell phone photos hope your computer comes back to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't be able to use those beads either! I would just want to look at them. Now I have to tear myself away from feeding your hamster and say thank you for inviting us to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never apologize for your special space that makes you feel creative. I love the wonderful little bucket storage system, so wish we lived near an IKEA, I'd have to drive two states away, thank goodness for online shopping! LOVE those beads too. Thank you for sharing your creative haven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could have sworn I left a comment on here??? I remember playing with your little hamster...unless someone else had one or maybe I got sidetracked. Anyway, thanks for sharing your studio. Live is good! Connie

    ReplyDelete