Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another New Bear and a Blog Party!

Well, I did it, I drew up a new bear pattern and made him, all in one day. I also decided to try my hand at needle felting his muzzle and nose... which I almost didn't do because the pattern is really cute without any modifications... but I thought, no, I had better go for it with the needle felting before I lose my nerve... and I LOVE how he has turned out!!! I have got to make more of these!!!
The entire muzzle was actually felted with white wool... and then completely hand colored by me (I loooove shading)

He has button joints for his arms and legs, and a cotter pin joint for his head... I think he needs a bow or something though... I plan on giving him needle felted paw pads, and I think I'm going to order some apoxy sculpt and make him little claws too.

I'm also going to give this pattern a go in mohair too :) ... but I *really* love how it looks this way.

Also! FawnDear is having a Neverland blog party... so click the image to join in the fun!

8 comments:

  1. He is sooooo adorable. And is muzzle is perfect!

    Thank you for joining the Second Star Adventure. Can't wait to see what enchants you.

    Tootles,
    FawnDear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather he looks a real happy soul ... great expression with a twinkle in his eye!
    Thanks for popping by earlier...the bears are so much happier now, thank you.
    Warmest Hugs,
    Sandi @ Bearly Sane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your new bear, Heather! He is simply FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how he came out, such a lovely little chap, he needs more friends ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely Heather....
    hey, you can't really want more rain..... can't help with the foal as much as I would love to.
    x x x :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do have an email address you know :-)
    :-) :-) :-).....

    ReplyDelete
  7. He has a very sweet face. I love the shading, also. Hugs, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww he's lovely! i like his little smile :)

    ReplyDelete