Friday, July 16, 2010

Rainstorm from England and Raspberries from Australia!

So, the day before yesterday I was browsing blogs and I took a peek at Michele's blog, Soggibottom where she had posted pictures of a rainstorm. Jokingly, I said she could send the rain this way... with thunder and lightening if possible.
She responded saying she would... and I laughed it off... until yesterday...
Rain, thunder, lightening... enough to knock branches from the trees and cut out the power!
Be careful... when you ask Michele for something... she delivers!!!!

(It was an amazing storm, despite my somewhat boring photos... but I ran back inside when the lightening hit so hard it sounded like a gunshot being fired next to my head!)

Thanks Michele! :)

Now onto the raspberries!
I recently won a blog giveaway at Bearly Sane... and the giveaway was for this awesome book that tells you how to dye things with natural materials... so... as soon as the book arrived I had to try it out! AND IT'S AMAZING! The color is so beautiful!!! Here is a picture of the original (the white) and the dyed with raspberries. I was amazed by the subtlety and variety... it changes when you turn it in the light... just amazing.
Thank you so much for your lovely giveaway Sandi!!!

3 comments:

  1. It turned out a pretty pink Heather...can't wait to see the bear you make with it finished.
    I am so glad you have already put it to good use, I'm sure you will have lots of fun searching your garden for things to experiment with.
    Warmest Hugs,
    Sandi @ Bearly Sane

    ReplyDelete
  2. As if I would send you the rain !
    You did ask for thunder and lightening :-)
    I love to try out different natural dye on mohair. You will have to let us all into some of the books secrets.
    Well done on your prize.
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had only but known I'd have sent you torrential rain from Scotland too! Enjoy the book, that looked like a really great prize :o)

    ReplyDelete