Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sooo....

This is kind of a fan-girly post. I apologize... but it must be done.

I LOVE THESE BEARS!


I recently got a fairy bear from Ginger Brame... to add to the two bears I already had that were made by her... and I have to say, the fairy bear is AMAZING.

The wings weren't at all what I expected. I was expecting something delicate and fragile... but they're made from a hardy material (but still look very much like delicate wings) and really well constructed... and they are poseable!!!
All three of my little bears faces are to die for. Adorable, well constructed, perfect little noses and SUCH personality.

The bear on the left (Dot, who you may recognize from http://adventuresofdotdotdot.blogspot.com/ ) has a pudgy little belly full of glass beads that I just love to squish. He has a larger little head and has been cuddled, snuggled and loved probably far more than is healthy for such a lovely little bear.

Didi, the fairy bear in the center, has no problem standing on her own. Her little antenna are wiggly and poseable, and her wings are rimmed with sparkles and poseable as well. Her colors are SO vibrant and her nose is multi-colored. Her wings are also perfectly placed so as not to interfere with her sitting down. (there are much better pictures of her HERE, on bearbits, along with some pretty amusing text to accompany it)

Finally there is little Dash (the little guy on the right). He has a little glass bead filled belly as well... good for squishing... and his brown fur is very durable, making him the perfect traveling companion. His little feet are somewhat flat, making him able to stand and he is just a wee 5 inches tall (Dot is 6 inches, Didi is 7 inches) also making him an awesome travel companion.

Below is a silly little drawing I did of Didi... I always find myself sketching these guys. They're just too cute. (sorry the sketch was photographed with my phone. ACK)


I do still have about a bajillion things in the works... I just have to stop repainting Monster High dolls long enough to get them done. DOH!

You can see more of my repaints here: 

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, lucky you. I'm making a bee-line for Ginger's stall at Hugglets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ginger's stuff! By the way, I am working on one small piece, then I am going to make a smaller bear. So hopefully soon I will have it for you!

    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather, what a wonderful sketch and collection! Thanks for sharing =)

    Hugs, Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy... I am so jealous! Someday I will make it to Hugglets... really...

    Kelly: I love Ginger's stuff too XD... and as for the small bear, no worries and no hurry! I am patient... really I am!!

    Wayne: haha, yeah, my sketch is goofy... but I love drawing these guys XD... and definitely check out Ginger's stuff if you haven't yet. I LOVE my crew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather,

    Just now getting around to poking out a few words here and the first that comes to mind is happiness. I am happy that you love your little friends. And thank you for giving them an exciting life outside my studio. As for your sketch - well . . . I just love it. I admire your ability. Those quick, loose sketches that capture the look seem so effortless yet it is something that I have not yet accomplished. Good for you and yea for your talent. Wouldn't that be a sweet storybook illustration?

    Enjoy your hug!

    hugs,
    ~ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather,

    Nice to meet you :).. I found your blog from Kelly's because I appreciated your thoughtful replies to her thoughtful posts and when I came here I saw your first post was about Ginger's wonderful bears! How fun to find out it was you that got the beautiful pink fairy bear that Ginger had posted about. I think it is simply gorgeous! I also like your other two adorable bears from her. I was able to get one from her at her last internet show named Hamlin and I love mine too, so I think I know how you feel.:) Thanks for sharing the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heather,

    I don't know if you got my e-mails with the pics or not. I haven't had any mail in two days, not even spam...so I am guessing that my mail is messed up. That happens every once in a while.

    Let me know if you got the pics of both bears.

    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete