Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day # 7: I know what Otters like...

 
Day 7:
What do otters like?
He looks kinda neurotic about it, doesn't he... like maybe he's lost sleep over the issue?

 
★ ° ·. . · ° ° ·. . ·゜☆ ★ ° ·. . · ° ° ·. . ·゜☆
 
 
 
 
 
Day 7:
 
Ok, so I guess I've been doing this wrong and we aren't supposed to share our ideas...
for fear of people stealing them?

But I feel really lame not sharing anything,
so instead, I'll share a new Children's Book Illustrator that I love every day...
and I'll keep my super secret journal of extra brilliant ideas (ha...hahahahahahahahaha)
all to myself (hahaha... super brilliant ideas, I crack myself up.)

So, Picture Book Illustrator (and author) #1:
My ALL TIME FAVORITE:

Steven Kellogg

Mr. Kellogg is just all around an awesome guy,
he seems to be all about the pets and the kids,
and I love that.

©StevenKellogg

I have spent years pouring over his books as a child,
and his illustrations as someone who would love to be a children's book illustrator.


©StevenKellogg
His work is jam packed with detail,
so each page can keep you entertained for quite some time.

©StevenKellogg
 Plus his stories are so whimsical and fun (and funny).

Here are a few of my favorites:
©Steven Kellogg
 
 
★ ° ·. . · ° ° ·. . ·゜☆★ ° ·. . · ° ° ·. . ·゜☆
 
 
As per usual, the first sentence...
 Day 7:

Val looked back over her shoulder, she was sure someone had followed her when she left the café.

4 comments:

  1. I think your otter looks huggable. I want to take him home.
    Steven's work is amazing, isn't it! Great inspiration. I love illustrators who put treasure (detail) into their work for the reader to find.
    I love the way you share the first line of your novel. It's like reading the blurb on the back cover of a book . . . I wanna know what happens!
    And there's no wrong way to do PiBoIdMo. You're too hard on yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your otter is fantastic:) Steven's works are great:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Spain: beautiful illustrations. We keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your otter is adorable, even if he does look a tad spun, hee hee! Great expression!

    ReplyDelete