Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day # 7: I know what Otters like...

Day 7:
What do otters like?
He looks kinda neurotic about it, doesn't he... like maybe he's lost sleep over the issue?

★ ° ·. . · ° ° ·. . ·゜☆ ★ ° ·. . · ° ° ·. . ·゜☆
Day 7:
Ok, so I guess I've been doing this wrong and we aren't supposed to share our ideas...
for fear of people stealing them?

But I feel really lame not sharing anything,
so instead, I'll share a new Children's Book Illustrator that I love every day...
and I'll keep my super secret journal of extra brilliant ideas (ha...hahahahahahahahaha)
all to myself (hahaha... super brilliant ideas, I crack myself up.)

So, Picture Book Illustrator (and author) #1:

Steven Kellogg

Mr. Kellogg is just all around an awesome guy,
he seems to be all about the pets and the kids,
and I love that.


I have spent years pouring over his books as a child,
and his illustrations as someone who would love to be a children's book illustrator.

His work is jam packed with detail,
so each page can keep you entertained for quite some time.

 Plus his stories are so whimsical and fun (and funny).

Here are a few of my favorites:
©Steven Kellogg
★ ° ·. . · ° ° ·. . ·゜☆★ ° ·. . · ° ° ·. . ·゜☆
As per usual, the first sentence...
 Day 7:

Val looked back over her shoulder, she was sure someone had followed her when she left the café.


  1. I think your otter looks huggable. I want to take him home.
    Steven's work is amazing, isn't it! Great inspiration. I love illustrators who put treasure (detail) into their work for the reader to find.
    I love the way you share the first line of your novel. It's like reading the blurb on the back cover of a book . . . I wanna know what happens!
    And there's no wrong way to do PiBoIdMo. You're too hard on yourself. :)

  2. Your otter is fantastic:) Steven's works are great:)

  3. Hello from Spain: beautiful illustrations. We keep in touch.

  4. Your otter is adorable, even if he does look a tad spun, hee hee! Great expression!