Friday, November 8, 2013

Day #8: Scraggle Cat, Scraggle Cat, what are they feeding you?

 
Day 8:
What do you see, scraggle cat?

 
★ ° ·. . · ° ° ·. . ·゜☆ ★ ° ·. . · ° ° ·. . ·゜☆
 
 
 
 
 
Day 8:
Picture Book Illustrator (and author) #2:
David Wiesner
I fell in love with David Wiesner when I was in college and saw Tuesday in the book store.
His work is awe-inspiring, beautiful, magical and absolutely amazing.

©DavidWiesner

I've spent years pouring over his work as an adult,
and I can't wait to share it with my children and my sibling's children.
Whenever I buy pictures books for kids,
there is ALWAYS a Steven Kellogg, 
and there is ALWAYS a David Wiesner :)

©DavidWiesner
His website is really great too...
I particularly enjoy his entry called "The Beginning"

His books usually have very few words in them,
but then don't need them. 
Not one bit.
Here are a few of my favorites:

©DavidWiesner
 
★ ° ·. . · ° ° ·. . ·゜☆★ ° ·. . · ° ° ·. . ·゜☆
 
 
As per usual, the first sentence...
 Day 7:

Getting Chinese takeout shouldn’t be this hard, Megan thought as she ran down the street, the flimsy plastic bag clutched tight in her hand.

6 comments:

  1. Your cat is fabulous:) And David Wiesner is a great artist:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: David Wiesner is a great creator. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw David Wiesner at the SCBWI L.A. Summer conference last August! He is fabulous and really nice guy to boot! Love scraggle cat, hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand your Wiesner crush. I remember the issue he talks about in his "beginnings" post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing information about this new-to-me author-illustrator. Love the lounging octopii.

    ReplyDelete